Monday, June 16, 2008

June 15th 10AM - a weekend of exploring (and a doctors visit)

June 15th 10 AM
Yesterday I had to go with one of the Korean teachers to Chunan for a doctors visit. We left at 9 am and were back before 11 AM. I had to go do a checkup for my visa. They did height, weight, eyesight, blood pressure, chest ex-ray, blood drawn, drug test etc etc… The last thing we were supposed to do was a dental exam but when we got to that part of the building there was a line all the way down the hallway in front of the dental office. She talked to them and was told it would be a 2 hr wait to be seen but they just took our paper work and made a mark on it and let us go. We didn’t have to wait for in the line for a proper check up.
After we got back I decided to go out hiking. I got my GPS (and after stopping at a convenience store for fresh batteries). I walked over to the school because from there you could easily get to the mountain. I never did find the entrance to the mountain that I had been told about but I did explore up the mysterious stairs to nowhere. These stairs look like they lead to nowhere because from the bottom of the stairs you cannot see any paths just green vegetation. Once up those stairs though it is a beautiful little greenbelt park right in the city. Looking out on one side of the part is city but then looking out the other side is farm land and small personal houses. The park had lots of winding intersecting trails that I explored on and had a little workout section in the middle of it. When I came to a trail leading down to stairs I took it thinking it was the same set of stairs I had come up. Getting down it I realized it wasn’t but that it was a set of stairs a short distance down the road further. After that I did a little more exploring around the city near my school and got GPS coordinates for the school and apartment and church.
School coordinates N36*46.178’ E126*59.746’ Elevation 131 ft
Apartment coordinates N36*46.707’ E127*00.120’ Elevation 83 ft
Church coordinates N36*46.732’ E127*00.171’ Elevation 83 ft (also coordinates for kindergarten)

The Mysterious Stairs to nowhere

0 comments: