Wednesday, May 21, 2008

T- 9 days and tons of work to do still

I am flying out in 9 days and still driving around frantically trying to finish everything.
eye appointment - done - just waiting for my glasses to get in
dentist - done
general check up- done
get immunization records - done
The clinic I have gone to since i was 8 years old has lost my immunization records and so I cant get my records from them I am now playing pass the caller and phone tag with my high school in hopes that they still have the records (even though I graduated 6 years ago). The front office sent me to the nurse who sent me to the counselors office who wasn't there so I left a voicemail.
**EDIT** as i was writing this blog I and stressing out I prayed and gave it to God to deal with and not 10 minutes later I got a call back from the lady in the counselors office saying that I could pick them up at 3:30 this afternoon.
Travel clinic for vaccines - not done :(
As soon as I pick up my records I will be ready for this appointment
Tourist Visa - not done :(
still waiting for my tourist visa to be sent back to me so I can fly over there. Some stress in it self there but I know God will get it done for me.
Criminal background check - half done
I have done my finger prints and they have been sent off to get my criminal background check. I am just hoping that it will be back before I fly out so I can bring it with me and not have to get it mailed by my parents
Packing - not done - my clothes are all in piles on the bed waiting for the final sorting and packing
Saying Goodbye to my friends and loved ones - not done
I never have liked saying good bye and this one will be hard. There are so many people, my family, my sisters, my brothers (sorority and fraternity) that I will miss. I will miss how my dorm mates would just come into my room and sit on my lap and just make my day 1000 times better. I will miss everyone from college life and will never forget them and all I learned from discipleship and Thursday nights. I will even miss my little brother and his annoying way of having to show me EVERY new game he has found online.
But I know that even though I will miss everyone when I am over there I will also make new friends in South Korea and have tons of stories to tell them when I return to the states.
I have tons to do before I will be ready to go and am working on it but some of what still needs to be done is just a waiting game, waiting for the visa to be sent back, waiting for my criminal background check for my E-2 Visa etc etc.I am still excited and apprehensive about everything coming up but I know that this will be an amazing experience for me and I will enjoy my time over there.

Father God and Lord of All I thank you for my friends, I thank you for the times we've shared and a love that knows no end.

0 comments: