Monday, May 12, 2008

T-17 days and counting

It is hard to believe that in 17 days I will be getting on a plane and saying goodbye to my family for one year. I am super excited to be going to South Korea and teaching English at the Wesley Mission School but at the same time nervous and a bit apprehensive.
Just over a week ago I got an email saying that they needed ESL teachers in South Korea and it was like God had dropped this into my lap. All last semester I had tried to find a program like this but none of them were working out like I wanted them to. I had given up on the chance of going overseas to teach and had started filling out Texas applications when God decided to give me this opportunity and what an opportunity it is. So I sent the lady an email back and it all fell into place. I am meeting with her on Wednesday to talk over all the details but the tickets have been reserved for me to fly over to Korea on May 29th and I will start teaching June 2nd.
On this blog I will keep all my friends and family updated on the happenings during my time in Korea and the funny stories of my students.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

0 comments: